With regular use, minerals, and hard water can clog your coffeemaker. A full cleaning with vinegar is recommended once a month with most coffeemakers. Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle is a sign that cleaning is needed.
General Descaling Instructions
- Fill the reservoir with equal parts vinegar and water. Make sure not to fill past the MAX indicator.
- Put a paper filter in the filter basket and close the lid. Set the empty carafe on the carafe plate.
- Turn on coffee maker. Let about half the vinegar mixture brew into the carafe.
- Turn off coffee maker for 15 - 30 minutes or longer
- Turn on coffee maker again and brew the remaining vinegar mixture into the carafe.
- Empty the carafe and discard the paper filter.
- Fill the reservoir with cold water to the MAX indicator; place the carafe on the keep warm plate and turn the coffeemaker on for a complete brewing cycle to flush out any remaining cleaning mixture.
- You may repeat the last step if there is any remaining vinegar smell/taste.
- For more information, refer to the Descaling or Cleaning with Vinegar section of the use and care manual.
- Wash the filter basket and carafe as instructed in the Cleaning section of the use and care manual.